As yet another verification that they are among the leaders in their area in the dental field, Sherwood Dental has undergone the requirements to become a certified provider for the Oravital System. This certification demonstrates their commitment to offer their patients the latest and most innovative technologies proven to offer significant benefits for oral health and overall wellbeing. The System is a sensitive DNA test that gives the dental provider a complete picture of the elements that are at work in a patient’s mouth.
The Oravital System is a tool to diagnose and establish a treatment plan to eliminate factors that contribute to oral infections, such as gingivitis, gum disease, and halitosis. The Oravital System consists of a multistep process, as follows:
- Screening – Collecting bacterial samples from a patient’s mouth. These are sent out for analysis in order to identify bacteria that may be contributing to the oral health conditions.
- Treatment – Once harmful bacteria are identified, antibiotics and antimicrobial solutions can be provided to eliminate those germs. This takes place over a period of about two weeks with use of the agent.
- Evaluation – Follow-up to reevaluate gum health.
- Maintenance – Regular oral hygiene and professional dental appointments to keep mouth healthy. Daily use of the prescribed Oravital rinse will assist in the prevention of recurring problems.
- Reevaluation – A yearly follow-up Oravital microbial test to check the balance of bacteria in the patient’s mouth. With this step, problems can be corrected before they advance.
The mouth is a breeding ground for all types of bacteria. Maintaining a healthy balance of bacteria contributes to a patient’s overall body health and decreases the risk factors for other health conditions.
Patients of the Oravital System show significant reductions in the following areas within about two weeks of beginning the treatment:
- Bleeding gums
- Periodontal pockets
- Bad breath
- Oral infections
- Systemic risks due to oral condition
For more information, or to schedule your own Oravital Screening, call Sherwood Dental today. Testing is safe, simple, and noninvasive, and provides effective treatment for bothersome bad breath and various stages of gum disease.