Oakville, ON patients in the community who are faced with replacing missing teeth within their smile, may feel slightly overwhelmed by the various options available to them. Drs. Stephen Gaines and Arti Patel of Sherwood Dental believe in offering a wide selection to ensure patients have the opportunity to choose the best option for their budget, lifestyle, and specific situation. At Sherwood Dental, our dentists encourage patients to learn about the most highly desirable options for replacing missing teeth, including:
Learn more about these options below:
- Partial denture – the partial denture is a restoration used to replace one or more teeth in a dental arch. The partial denture is made of an acrylic and metal frame that snaps into place in the arch in the same way as a retainer does. It includes false teeth that slide into place where needed to fill the gaps and restore the function of the smile. Partial dentures are easy to remove and care for and are the most economical solution for many of our patients.
- Full denture – a full denture is a denture made of acrylic to replace the entire arch of teeth. The full denture includes both false teeth and false gums. The denture sits on the ridge of the gums or can be held in place with natural suction or denture adhesives. In some situations, patients opt for the use of dental implants to solidify the placement of their dentures.
- Implant-supported denture – the implant-supported denture is a full denture that utilizes about four dental implants along the dental arch to stabilize it. These dentures fit perfectly in place and are stronger and more durable than traditional full dentures alone. Patients feel more confident in their restorations as the implants provide the best placement possible.
- Dental bridge – one or more teeth in a row can be replaced using a dental bridge. This ceramic restoration includes false teeth called pontics that are fused to dental crowns. The bridge uses adjacent teeth to support the restoration. Dental bridges are more permanent than a partial denture but not as expensive as alternatives such as dental implants.
- Dental implant – dental implants are versatile posts placed in the bone of the jaw to replace one or more teeth. The implant can be covered with a dental crown to replace a single tooth or covered with a bridge to act as an adjacent tooth when one or both are missing. Alternatively, the implant can also be utilized with a full denture to provide patients with an implant-supported denture. Patients considering dental implants for their smiles need to undergo a full evaluation to ensure they have sufficient bone for successful placement.
Are you ready to speak to a dentist about tooth replacement options?
Whether you are considering a dental implant or a custom denture, we welcome you to schedule an appointment with our dentists at Sherwood Dental. Call 844-951-8855 and visit the facility at 2892 South Sheridan Way in Oakville, ON. Drs. Stephen Gaines
and Arti Patel
are available for both new and current patients and can walk you through the process of choosing the tooth replacement option right for you!