akville, Ontario patients who are faced with dental needs will often ask the team at Sherwood Dental about the options available to them for treatment. In many instances, our dental team can use laser dentistry
to address a wide range of dental concerns.
How are lasers used at Sherwood Dental?
The team at Sherwood Dental has reinvested into the practice to provide patients with the best, most advanced technologies for the health and appearance of their smiles. With laser dentistry, patients have access to solutions for the following concerns:
- Gum surgeries. Laser dental treatments may involve gum surgeries, including gum recontouring. This is often done when patients are unhappy with a gummy smile, during which the gum line is brought back to expose more of the tooth and balance the appearance of the teeth and gums.
- Periodontal disease treatments. Periodontal disease is an infection that can impact the soft and hard tissues of the mouth, including the loss of gum tissue, jawbone, and natural teeth. Lasers are used in killing bacteria and removing diseased tissue effectively and comfortably.
- Treatment of cavities. Laser dental devices are also used in hard tissue applications. For example, a patient with cavities, or tooth decay, can have the tooth prepared for a filling. Laser devices allow for precision and minimize damage to the healthy tooth structure with a more conservative alternative to the dentist’s drill. Most patients will not need anesthetic for fillings prepared with laser devices as laser treatments are more comfortable.
- Preparation of dental restorations. Patients obtaining dental restorations, such as composite bonding, dental fillings, or porcelain veneers, may find that lasers are used in roughening the surface of the teeth to ensure proper adhesion.
- Root canal therapy. Conditions that result in the need for root canal therapy can also be addressed using laser treatments, which offer fewer side effects than traditional therapies.
Learn more about laser dentistry services available “near me”
Oakville, Ontario patients who are interested in educating themselves further on the state-of-the-art devices used in the practice of Sherwood Dental are welcome to book a consultation appointment
with our team. Drs. Stephen Gaines
and Arti Patel
are located at 2892 South Sheridan Way and can be reached by phone at (844) 951-8855.